Our Curation Process
When we started Blue Urbane, we wanted it to be a place where any woman, no matter her style, could find something she loved. We also recognized that even one's individual personal style can vary - maybe one day they want to wear big statement earrings and a bright colored dress; maybe the next they want to wear minimal jewelry and a t-shirt and jeans! This is why you'll see such a great variety of pieces in Blue Urbane's collection - but they all have something in common.
We choose designers and artisans that believe strongly in our core values. We do extensive research before we bring in a new designer or partner. Some of the ways they carry out our mission are below:
- Garments are produced ethically and in small batch to minimize waste
- They are employing women
- Use recycled packaging materials
- Produce clothing from deadstock and upcycled fabrics, and other eco-friendly fabrics such as linen, organic cotton, Lyocell Tencel, and others
- Pay garment workers fair wages and provide other benefits like meals and education
- Commit to fair trade
- Create jewelry in small batches and handmade
- Cruelty-free and vegan production of handbags and accessories
- Use sustainable and upcycled materials for jewelry
- Use environmentally friendly dyes and avoid toxic chemicals
We hope you'll be inspired to shop our site after reading this - and that you'll find something you'll love and cherish for years to come!